Monday 26 October 2020

September 27th 2020 - Life Goes On

 It seems as if I have been marking time or at least time is passing very slowly. So far, the only discernible effect of the hormone treatment seems to be a thickening of the waist. With the reopening of the leisure centres I had been able to get back to the gym and also to do some swimming which had made a big difference to my outlook. Just I was managing to get into a routine combining golf, gym, swimming and walking there was a spike in the COVID 19 incidents and Newport went into lockdown. This meant no more visits to the leisure centre as it is some quarter of a mile or so outside the Newport boundary. This is very frustrating.

The next hormone treatment injection is scheduled for October 9th and then I will need to get a blood test done before my first visit to Velindre on the October 26th. As I said above, this seems a long way away as life grinds almost to a halt. COVID is not helping matters that is for sure.

I did have my flu jab on September 23rd and felt a little under the weather for a couple of days afterwards.

Apart from this, I don’t feel any better or worse in myself but there is this nagging feeling of the alien growing inside of me and an overwhelming desire for the radiotherapy to start. I know I need to be patient but it is not easy! All this waiting seems to ramp up the stress levels.



No comments:

Post a Comment

PSA Still Undetectable and Diet Having Positive Effect

Just had my latest check-up and I am delighted to say PSA is still undetectable. I have indeed decided to do something about the weight gain...