Monday 26 October 2020

July 28th 2020 - I Finally Crack and Call the Hopsital

 As the four weeks of waiting for the results were nearly up, I plucked up the courage to ring up the hospital. My heart did beat a little faster as I waited for the phone to be answered. When a pleasant lady answered I asked whether the results of the biopsy had come back. After a few agonising minutes hanging on, I was told that, yes, the results were available. Even though I had agreed some time in the past that I was OK with hearing them over the phone, I was told that this was not possible and had to be done face to face. The good news was that due to a cancellation there was an appointment available for a consultation the next day. I was more than happy to take this up as the sooner I get to know what I am facing the better. The appointment was with Mr. Wilson which will be the fourth different consultant that I have seen in my four visits if you include the consultant that carried out the biopsy. What price continuity?

I wonder if I had not rung up whether the system would have finally moved sufficiently for me to be informed with any degree of urgency. The waiting seems to be the worst bit.

This means that tomorrow is D Day – I think the D stands for decision or maybe destiny. This is the most worried I have felt so far and I am sure the nerves will be jangling in the waiting room at 3.30 tomorrow afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

PSA Still Undetectable and Diet Having Positive Effect

Just had my latest check-up and I am delighted to say PSA is still undetectable. I have indeed decided to do something about the weight gain...