Monday 26 October 2020

July 22nd 2020 - Come On Give Me The Results

 Almost three weeks since the biopsy. The wait is agonising and the worry level seems to increase as we get nearer the date when I find out the result. Of course, there is no actual date just a very loose “three to four weeks”. This makes it worse as the days tick by. Not sure how I will be told – a letter, a phone call or face to face. If it is by letter it could be ages if the track record is anything to go by!

Life goes on of course and for long periods my prostate problem dwells somewhere in the dark recesses of my mind. Now and then it does spring to the front and a feeling of panic creeps in before I tell myself “don’t worry until you have something definite to worry about”.

I have decided that I will not be secretive about the issue as some people are. I don’t go out of my way to tell friends and acquaintances but if someone asks how I am I do divulge the current situation. I don’t want sympathy particularly I just feel if someone else has similar symptoms it might spur them on to get things checked out.

Rather morbidly I do find myself looking at obituaries to see what age the people are and what they died off. The other thing that plays on my mind is that my father died of cancer at the age of 69. It is hard to banish these negative thoughts.

I decide not to ring the hospital yet – I will wait until next week if I don’t hear anything.

Come on NHS let me know the score!



No comments:

Post a Comment

PSA Still Undetectable and Diet Having Positive Effect

Just had my latest check-up and I am delighted to say PSA is still undetectable. I have indeed decided to do something about the weight gain...