Monday 26 October 2020

August 28th 2020 - You Need to be Persistent (and Patient)

 I got in touch with Velindre to make sure my notes had gone to the GP. They had but Laura helpfully said that she would give the surgery a ring and FAX/email the information to them. They are very helpful at Velindre.

I decided to give the GP surgery a ring to try and make the appointment for the injection. On my first attempt I was kept hanging on the phone for 40 minutes and eventually gave up. With my second attempt an hour or so later I finally got through but was told that I couldn’t make an appointment without speaking to the nurse first. The nurse would not be available until the following Tuesday or Wednesday and would give me a ring then. It is really frustrating another week will slip by and I still haven’t made an appointment for my first hormone injection. No doubt when I do speak to the nurse, I will have to wait another week for an appointment. You need the patience of Job when dealing with GPs these days! Perhaps I need a frustrationometer as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment

PSA Still Undetectable and Diet Having Positive Effect

Just had my latest check-up and I am delighted to say PSA is still undetectable. I have indeed decided to do something about the weight gain...