Monday 26 October 2020

August 26th 2020- Liaison Between Velindre and the GP Is Frustratingly Slow

 Well a week has passed since the diagnosis and it seems like an eternity. I have started to take the pills for the hormone treatment but can feel no discernible effect. I don’t suppose I could expect to but the impatience to get on with things seems to build day by day. It is only a week but time seems to be ticking away inexorably.

I phoned the GP surgery yesterday morning to arrange an appointment for the first hormone injection. After twenty minutes of horrible music on the phone the receptionist answered. The doctor would need to ring me that afternoon but she could not be sure of when. The doctor rang just after three but couldn’t really help. My medical history had not been updated following my discussion with Velindre so there was little he could do. He said that he would arrange for a nurse to give me a ring the next day as they were the people who administered the injection and knew what was what. It is only a day I know but when you are a mode where every day counts it does try your patience. In these days of computers I would rather have hoped that my medical records were up to date. It’s only a week – there goes my patience again!

Let us hope that I can organise the injection some time soon.

I did receive a letter from Velindre with my next appointment – 26th October- and a request to have a blood test done before then. At least Velindre seem to have a grip.

Strangely my stress levels seem to have increased. I need to be more patient – is that why patients are called patients I wonder?



No comments:

Post a Comment

PSA Still Undetectable and Diet Having Positive Effect

Just had my latest check-up and I am delighted to say PSA is still undetectable. I have indeed decided to do something about the weight gain...