Saturday 7 October 2023

Hormone Treatment Over - a Nervous Wait Begins

It seems a long time since I wrote anything in this blog but then there has been nothing to report really – life goes on.

This is now, however, a momentous time for me. My final Prostap hormone injection was three months ago. The critical thing now is how my prostate reacts as the effect of the hormone treatment wears off after three years of injections.  What will happen to that PSA level which will surely climb but hopefully stabilise at a low level. I do feel more concerned than I have been for a long time.

On the plus side, I am hoping that some of those side effects of the treatment will also wear off. I can certainly do without the hot flushes and the tiredness and, yes, that weight gain. Maybe I will feel more like a man again!



No comments:

Post a Comment

PSA Still Undetectable and Diet Having Positive Effect

Just had my latest check-up and I am delighted to say PSA is still undetectable. I have indeed decided to do something about the weight gain...