Wednesday 25 November 2020

November 24th 2020 Another Consultation and PSA Continues to fall

Yesterday I had a consultation with the oncologist over the telephone. The good news was that my PSA has dropped to 0.1 and my blood results were described as “perfect”.

We discussed the side effects of the Xtandi i.e. hot flushes, weight gain and fatigue. I said that I was able to cope at the moment as despite being very tired around 8.00pm I was still able to play golf, swim and go to the gym – Covid permitting.

Looking forward, the injection frequency will be changed to a triple dose every three months rather than a single dose monthly. Then there is the radiotherapy for five weeks starting sometime in January 2021. The hormone treatment will continue for three years. The next telecon will be on December 21st.

All in all, a positive session. It doesn’t stop me worrying though.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PSA Still Undetectable and Diet Having Positive Effect

Just had my latest check-up and I am delighted to say PSA is still undetectable. I have indeed decided to do something about the weight gain...