Saturday 31 October 2020

October 30th 2020 - The "Big Bazooka" Tablets arrive

The enzalutamide tablets arrived yesterday and I have taken the first dose. I now have quite a major intake of pills what with these four tablets daily plus the bicalutamide and my statins I will start rattling when I walk. I have also decided to take some vitamin D to make up for the lack of sunshine.

I will now need to be on the lookout for side effects. I will need to take my blood pressure daily as the enzalutamide can cause this to increase.

The most obvious side effect of have noticed so far is a tendency for hot flushes which can be quite uncomfortable in bed. I also think I have an increased waistline although that may be a consequence of the lockdown.

These tablets will be taken for the next two to three years so I hope the side effects are manageable. Concern about the side effects has increased my stress level as I wait and see what happens. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

PSA Still Undetectable and Diet Having Positive Effect

Just had my latest check-up and I am delighted to say PSA is still undetectable. I have indeed decided to do something about the weight gain...