Tuesday 26 January 2021

January 26th 2021 - I Get My First Tattoo

I had the planning appointment for my radiotherapy yesterday at Velindre. This is a taste of what is to come with careful control of bladder and bowel condition required to ensure as much consistency as possible. This involves such pleasantries as an enema and a bit of waiting around for things to happen. I then spent some time in a CT Scanner with marker fluid injected into a vein so that the target area can be identified and marked. This included my first ever tattoo – free of charge!

The whole process was pretty painless and all well I will commence radiotherapy on February 16th with my bladder and rectum in prime condition. I returned home armed with a supply of enemas and strangely my own pair of what are normally disposable plastic overshoes which need to be used for the whole treatment

I was really impressed with the friendliness and efficiency of the medical staff who did their utmost to lighten the mood while carrying out their duties thoroughly professionally.

I am impatient to get this radiotherapy done – at least it is in the diary now. Having had the chance to meet the medics and look around the department my stress levels have reduced somewhat.



No comments:

Post a Comment

PSA Still Undetectable and Diet Having Positive Effect

Just had my latest check-up and I am delighted to say PSA is still undetectable. I have indeed decided to do something about the weight gain...