Monday 26 October 2020

June 2nd 2020 - The MRI Scan

 So there I was waiting for my MRI scan with my face mask on securely. The scan was delayed due to an emergency case so I was left to think about the dreaded tunnel. I think I was more worried about making a fool of myself with a panic attack halfway through than the actual process. I told myself it is only 45 minutes and you just need to close you eyes and think of something pleasant.

Soon enough I was strapped into the machine and ready to go. It was much more open that my previous experience and I was told that thankfully my head did not need to go into the actual tunnel. No one could describe an MRI scan as a pleasant experience as you lie there unable to move for 45 minutes or so. Even though you are equipped with ear protection it is very noisy. The noises are weird and wonderful a mixture of a Soft machine concert coupled with a submarine sonar gone mad.

I was injected with various fluids to help the process which made me feel hot and cold. At last the ordeal came to an end and I was able to escape to the open air. The radiologists were kind and understanding but if I never have to have another MRI scan I would be mightily relieved.

Now it was a question of waiting for the results.






No comments:

Post a Comment

PSA Still Undetectable and Diet Having Positive Effect

Just had my latest check-up and I am delighted to say PSA is still undetectable. I have indeed decided to do something about the weight gain...