Monday 26 October 2020

August 13th 2020 - All Systems Go for the PET Scan

I have now got a definite appointment for the PET scan. It will be on Monday 17th at 2.30 at University Hospital in Cardiff. This means that the first appointment with the oncologist can go ahead on the 19th as planned.

I must confess I have mixed feelings – the biggest part of me wants to know the extent of the cancer whilst there is still a gnawing fear of what terrible things the scan may reveal. It is like having a split personality which does increase the stress levels. The other thing in a similar vein is striving to make sure your public persona is positive and optimistic when deep inside you are fearing the worst. This is the lowest I have been so far.

On balance the sooner I get rid of the uncertainly the better but it does not stop me feeling terrified. I will know the grisly truth in six days time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

PSA Still Undetectable and Diet Having Positive Effect

Just had my latest check-up and I am delighted to say PSA is still undetectable. I have indeed decided to do something about the weight gain...